Hi All,Today I am going to write all basic shortcut keys that can make your life very easy while working on Ubuntu OS 11.04/11.10.
Below is the list of all important shortcuts keys:
- Super Key(Windows Key) – Opens dash.
- Hold Super Key – Invokes Launcher.
- Hold Super Key and hit 1, 2, 3 etc – Opens an Application from Launcher. When you hold the Super Key, specific numbers will be displayed in order above each application.
- Alt + F2 – Opens dash in special mode to run any commands.
- If your application is hanged and it’s not getting killed by normal close button then type Alt+F2 and enter “xkill” then select that .After selecting that you will get one icon,just touch that icon to any apllication and that application will be killed.
- Super + A – Opens up application window from launcher.
- Super + W – Spread mode, zoom out on all windows in all workspaces.This is very important key ,I use a lot when I work on Ubuntu Os.
- ctrl+Alt+D- Minimize all windows(act as Show Desktop).Hitting it again restores them.
- Super + S – Expo mode (for everything), zooms out on all the workspaces and let’s you manage windows.
- Ctrl + Alt + T – Launch Terminal.
- Ctrl + Alt + L – Lock Screen.
- Ctrl + Alt + Left/Right/Up/Down – Move to new workspace.
- Alt + Tab – Toggle between currently open windows.
- Alt + F4 – Closes current window.
That’s it for now, more Ubuntu 11.04/10 Unity tricks and shortcut reviews are on its way. Thanks for reading.